Thursday, September 7, 2023

Coyler Lake - My First Catch

As many of you know I did a post on Coyler Lake previously. This place has evaded me. There is beautiful cover and structures there. I have seen big bass come out of there. But, I had not had any luck there. 

This passed weekend, we had decided to fish from a different side than I did previously. I want to point out that I think this would be an amazing place to take out kayaks and fish. Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to take my kayak out there. 

The water at Coyler Lake tends to have stained water. I have tried dark and light, swim jigs, worms, crankbait, chatter baits. You name it. 

I was able to catch one fish this time. One fish I am proud of. It wasn't the biggest fish, but it was a fish and it's so exciting to me that I was able to finally hook up with a fish there.



Equipment used: 

Bass Pro Bait Caster Combo

Yum's 5 In Dinger - Elders Magic

Gamakatsu EWG 3/0 Hooks

Fluorocarbon Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bass Fishing Bliss: Unveiling the Top 5 Must-Fish Destinations in the US

Introduction: For bass anglers seeking the thrill of the catch amidst stunning landscapes, the United States offers an array of premier fish...