Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Choosing Line For Beginners

You're probably thinking, it's just line! NO, it's not just line! 😄

The hardest part of Bass fishing I think is listening to everyone tell you, "This line is the best line." With my own personal experience in fishing my whole life I decided to go ahead and talk about what line I think you should buy. 

Beginners: If you are just starting to fish and read the previous post about getting your Shakespear/ugly stick combo. I recommend no other line but monofilament. I recommend this simply because it is the easier line to mess with. It's the easiest to put on a reel. It's easy to cut with fingernail clippers or simple line cutters. 

It's also my personal favorite. Although everyone seems to disagree on this subject, I would use a line that is between 8lbs and 12lbs. Old faithful or Trilene Big Game has never let me down. Trilene is made by Berkley. They have several different monofilaments that will all do the job. They are affordable and best for someone just starting out trying to get the feel of using a rod. 

Choosing color: It can seem overwhelming. Especially with monofilaments. I personally only use green or clear as it works for about every situation and I have never had an issue with either. The below link is a great example of what each color is used for. 

How to Choose the Right Fishing Line Color - LiveOutdoors



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bass Fishing Bliss: Unveiling the Top 5 Must-Fish Destinations in the US

Introduction: For bass anglers seeking the thrill of the catch amidst stunning landscapes, the United States offers an array of premier fish...