Thursday, April 20, 2023

Choosing Color

So, like I said before we are going to get into color and why color of your lurers, worms and other baits are important. 

Patterns are the most important part of bass fishing in my opinion. The reason worms work so well are because they resemble natural prey. In my opinion, you can never go wrong with the color Green Pumpkin. I've had it work on clear days, rainy days, any weather you can imagine. But there are some general ideas about what will work for what conditions, and this is very important to make sure that you are getting bites and can get a consistent bite. 

Also in my tackle box, I keep white worms and black worms. I know you're thinking black?? Yes black. Black is excellent in muddy water. The thought behind this is that they actually produce almost a silhouette which distinguishes the bait in muddy conditions. I know you're probably thinking, but chartreuse is so bright. That is true. But if you're having difficulty getting a bite in muddy conditions, try a dark blue or black worm.

This is an amazing website to check out for great advice on worm color selection, What Color Worm for Bass: The Best Colors & Patterns to Use (survivalbiz.com). But my advice to you is to grab a pack of Green Pumpkin, a pack of White and a pack of Black with Blue Flake.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bass Fishing Bliss: Unveiling the Top 5 Must-Fish Destinations in the US

Introduction: For bass anglers seeking the thrill of the catch amidst stunning landscapes, the United States offers an array of premier fish...