Monday, April 10, 2023

Yum's, Yamamoto's, KVD's

I'm sure you're thinking, what do all of these words mean?

If you didn't notice when you go to the store to purchase your equipment there is all sorts of plastic worms and brands and it can be very overwhelming. So, I wanted to go through with the 3 most popular and kind of give an overview. 

So it is important to know that most plastic worms are infused with salt. This helps them to sink. Salt (jethrobaits.com) this is a great website to check out for more information on the science of the plastic worms.

Yum's, Yamamoto's, & KVD's:

Let's start out with Yum brand worms. Yum's worms are called Dingers. These are the worms that I personally use, and I prefer. They are affordable and more durable than the other brands in my opinion. My only complaint with them is that they do not have as much salt as the Yamamoto's. 



Gary Yamamoto's are next. Yamamoto's are probably the least durable. You cannot use them more than one to two fish catches. BUT I think they work the best. The fall rate on them is great. The salt content is better than any other worm. My big issue with them is that they are quite a bit more expensive than the Yums. Going out and catching several fish, they are just destroyed so quickly. 



Lastly KVD worms are called Ocho's. I have used these before and they're about middle of the road both in price and quality. I think they are very comparable to the Yums. I just personally prefer the Yum Dingers to the other brands. 



Next, we will go over colors and knowing how to choose your color. But again, I would like to let everyone know that you cannot choose which one you want to use without trying each type. I strongly recommend getting a bag of each one to try it out. Try them out for yourself and see which one you like the best. They are all good brands and all catch Bass!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bass Fishing Bliss: Unveiling the Top 5 Must-Fish Destinations in the US

Introduction: For bass anglers seeking the thrill of the catch amidst stunning landscapes, the United States offers an array of premier fish...