Monday, April 3, 2023

How To Choose a Tackle Box

How do you choose a box?

Being Confident: I always say to be confident in something that you're doing is half of mastering the skill. For me, being confident in bass fishing is having my tackle box in perfect order. Anyone who knows me, knows that I label everything and everything has be in perfect order. With that being said, lets talk tackle box.

Going Into The Store: choosing can be very overwhelming. There's SOOO many. How do you choose? Well first thing I look at is honestly price. You do not need a $300 tackle box. The twenty years of my life I used the same tackle box. It was a plastic Plano brand box and I do not have it anymore. But it was perfect for me. Once I really started getting into fishing, I bought several boxes. One for each type of fish. Let's all laugh, but it's true. 

When bass fishing, you don't have to have anything fancy. But I think it is very important to think about where you will primarily be fishing before buying a box.

Rivers: Get yourself a backpack or over the shoulder box. Almost every time I go river fishing for bass I wade in the water. This is so beneficial for that reason. You don't have to constantly walk back to the bank you get hooks or bait or anything you need really. It's all right there.

Kayak Fishing: You want to go with something small and compact. Regardless of how big your kayak is, it will never be big enough for everything you want to bring on board. I highly recommend a smaller plastic box. Or getting a larger box for bank fishing and taking out the inserts for in your kayak.

Bank & Boat Fishing: Get the big box. I have a big, huge honking thing that I carry all the time to the bank or in the boat. It has a lot of space. It was a hand-me-down from my stepfather (his bass box) and honestly you could probably fit a whole closet of clothes inside it. But it has a lot of room for all of my tackle, and I can change out the boxes, I can use different baits because I have space and I will never forget anything at home.

Below are some brands and some boxes that I have personally that I love. Click the pictures to take you to purchasing websites! Flambeau, Plano and Piscifun.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Bass Fishing Bliss: Unveiling the Top 5 Must-Fish Destinations in the US

Introduction: For bass anglers seeking the thrill of the catch amidst stunning landscapes, the United States offers an array of premier fish...