Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Topwater Temptations: Luring In Monster Bass During Fall

 So, I'm not going to lie. The first time I heard someone say use top-water in the fall I thought, "I always use top water in the spring and kill it. Crankbaits work great for me in the fall." Well, crankbaits do work great in the fall. BUT, try the top water. You will not regret it. 

MLF has a great article about choosing Topwater baits. (Which I linked - just click it 😀), they discuss walking baits, buzz baits, poppers and more.

In my opinion though, nothing compares to a Hedden Torpedo. I have had excellent success in all times of the year in all conditions on torpedo's while smallmouth fishing. They come in three different sizes, so make sure you choose the size that's most confident for you.

Now, my second top-water pick is a popper. Poppers are excellent baits. Known for they're "popping" sound, you can throw them also all times of the year as well.

Don't miss out like I did on years of top water fishing in the fall. It does work and will help you catch a monster bass.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bass Fishing Bliss: Unveiling the Top 5 Must-Fish Destinations in the US

Introduction: For bass anglers seeking the thrill of the catch amidst stunning landscapes, the United States offers an array of premier fish...